I discovered 2 priceless ways to invest in the gifted passion God has given me and it always comes back 100 fold.
*You can apply any of these principles to whatever talent you have and want to grow. I did this when teaching myself how to play the guitar via YouTube. You can also apply this scriptural basis for living in your relationships.
#1 Invest life-giving thoughts & speech over all life situations.
- Accept where you are. This could mean being overwhelmed, blank, behind, unsure, or downright giddy. Hiding and running don’t make headway, trust me I have tried.
- Be willing to move forward. This is healthy and good. Everyone’s pace and goal is different. We will address pace in the weeks to come.
When Doubt Clouded My Brain
Sadly, I spent years being wishy-washy about each and every thing I was interested in or pursued all because I wasn’t sure if God wanted me to or not. I wasn’t sure if it was His holy calling for me or not. I was a continually-confused gal, to be honest.
The above mindset, though well meaning, hindered me from sowing (the hard work of practicing and learning) into some really neat interests or opportunities.
Wrong thinking: God is picky and I just know whichever path I choose to pursue is going to be the wrong one. I am in for a spanking! (Proverbs 16:3, Psalm 90:17)
Right thinking: God, you are my perfect and loving Coach. I know that whatever I put my mind to, You will help me in. You are not a picky taskmaster, You are kind and gentle and a help in my time of need. (see Hebrews 4:16, Psalm 46:1, Psalm 145:8 to name a few).
Once you have assessed what type of thinking you have been implementing (unsure or faith-filled), you will better understand why you bear the fruit that you do.
#2 Invest in those around you.
“And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.” Hebrews 13:16 NIV
- Refresh another soul… (see Prov. 11:25)..but without expecting anything in return.
- Once you start refreshing others, you will soon see how God uses it to pull you up out of a pit. Unconditional acts of love & generosity are where Life is found.
- Stay connected. #1 to God, by having daily conversations with Him and stay connected to at least one, two, or a few trusted people where love & prayer abounds.
- If you are a blogger, read your fellow blogger friend’s words when you can carve out a chunk of time to be fully attentive and focused.
- If you are a church member, stay in touch and reach out from time to time. You never know how far a text, call or card will go in a person’s life.
- If you have a neighbor within walking distance, knock on their door just to say you were thinking of them. (I have had this happen; God showed up! If they are gone, leave a short note in their door.) **If you don’t have a church home or neighbor close-by, be sure to join some kind of Christian community in person or online so that you can avoid being isolated from people outside of your four walls.
“Two are better than one, because they have a good [more satisfying] reward for their labor; For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up!”
I have seen the difference in the fruit with my own eyes and in my own life, friends. When we try to do it all alone, we will wind up flat on our faces.
Even if we feel like we are already there with our faces squished up against the cold, hard floor – support can make all the difference.
“For wherever two or three are gathered (drawn together as My followers) in (into) My name, there I Am in the midst of them.”
Encouragement and fresh air go a long way and we do not have to be a lone horse in this blogging/writing world. You are not alone!
If you or someone you know would like to join the Writing from Rest Course Series, sign up now and you will receive the Intro all the way up through the current week.
- This is content NOT included here.
When you sign up you will get a weekly course with 2 task challenges and a scripture(s).
- If you are signing up after we’ve already began, no fear – I will catch you up on all the weeks and you can go at your own PACE. Thereafter, you will receive where we are currently at.
Here’s a Recap of the Course so Far:
Week 1 Carving Out Time
Week 2 Staying in Community
Week 3 Being Resourceful
- Week 4: Keeping it Simple
Sign up today!
It’s #TeaAndWord Tuesday so link up your faith-filled posts and spread the love!
This post may be linked up here in a lovely Christian blogging community.